Declaration on data protection for the BARMER physician search at BARMER Doctor Finder
The BARMER doctor search is a service of BARMER, which is provided by Stiftung Gesundheit as operator for BARMER. BARMER would like to inform you about doctors, dentists and psychotherapists.
We are constantly striving to further develop our Internet offering. Such further developments may necessitate changes to this data protection declaration. We recommend that you visit these pages at regular intervals to keep up to date.
1. Processing and storage period of your data on www.barmer-arztsuche.de
1.1 Scope of the processing of personal data
Insofar as personal data is collected on this website, this is done either on the basis of your express consent, Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDRP or to protect the legitimate interests of the Stiftung Gesundheit, Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDRP. The data will be stored as long as it is necessary for the respective purpose of collection and as long as no legal retention periods prevent deletion.
You do not have to provide any personal data if you merely wish to obtain information on a specific topic at www.barmer-arztsuche.de and do not log in to the website, register or provide us with any other information. In this so-called "informational use", we only collect the data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website. These are:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes (referrer URL)
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The logged data is used exclusively for data security purposes, in particular to defend against attempted attacks on our web server (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDRP). They are neither used for the creation of individual user profiles nor passed on to third parties and are deleted after 90 days at the latest. We reserve the right to statistically evaluate anonymized data records.
In order to ensure that external websites do not receive information about which website you have come from, the referrer policy (a kind of "sending concept") has been set in such a way that the referral header (URL of the previously visited page) is only set when you are on the BARMER doctor search pages.
When will my data be deleted?
2. Communication channels
You have the option of contacting Stiftung Gesundheit via an online form. The data collected and used exclusively for contacting are voluntary. The data is transmitted using TLS encryption. You can find further details in the contact form.
3. Integration of the services of third parties
The BARMER doctor search uses the open source mapping tool "OpenStreetMap" (OSM), whose provider is the OpenStreetMap Foundation. The transmission and storage of your IP address may be necessary for the respective services. The contents of the BARMER doctor search are not processed via OSM.
The use of the services is in the interest of an appealing presentation and function in the BARMER doctor search as well as an easy findability of the service providers indicated on the website. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDRP.https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_Policy.
4. System security
We maintain current technical measures to ensure data security. These measures serve in particular to protect your personal data from access by unauthorized third parties. We adapt our protective mechanisms to the current state of the art.
If you are requested to enter personal data within our online offer, the data transmission via the Internet always takes place using TLS encryption. This encryption is intended to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining possession of your data.
5. General data subject rightse
You have the right
- Request information on the categories of data processed, the purposes of processing, any recipients of the data, the planned storage period (Art. 15 GDRP)
- demand the correction or completion of incorrect or incomplete data (Art. 16 GDRP)
- revoke a given consent at any time with effect for the future (Art. 7 para. 3 GDRP)
- object to data processing which is to be carried out on the basis of a legitimate interest for reasons arising from your particular situation (Art. 21 (1) GDRP)
- in certain cases, within the framework of Art. 17 GDRP, to demand the deletion of data - in particular insofar as the data is no longer required for the intended purpose or is processed unlawfully, or you have revoked your consent or declared an objection
- under certain conditions, to demand the restriction of data, insofar as deletion is not possible or the obligation to delete is disputed (Art. 18 GDRP)
- to data portability, i.e. you can receive your data that you have provided to us in a common machine-readable format such as CSV and, if necessary, transfer it to others (Art. 20 GDRP).
6. Contact details of the data controller, the data protection officer and our supervisory authorities.
VResponsible party within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation:
Nonprofit foundation under civil law
Behringstraße 28 a
Data Protection Officer of the Health Foundation:
– The Data Protection Officer –
Behringstraße 28 a
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Die Bundesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
(The Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information)
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com